The Clear Quran For Kids Part 2 (Surahs 29-48)
This beautifully illustrated full-color Clear Quran for Kids, Part 2 covers Surahs Al-’Ankabut (29) to Surah Al-Fatḥ (48). The translation has been made easy for kids to understand clearly. Lessons are divided into four sections: Learning Points, Side Stories, Background Stories and Words of Wisdom.
Top 10 Reasons why the Clear Quran for Kids is Unique
- It has been edited by kids for kids, making it very easy to understand.
- It utilizes the power of stories to explain Quranic passages.
- Creative illustrations capture the main theme of each surah (chapter).
- It provides answers to some of our kids' most challenging questions about their faith, their Creator, and the world around them.
- Hundreds of background stories and words of wisdom make reading both informative and entertaining.
- Learning points listed at the beginning of each surah highlight lessons that young students can expect to learn.
- Surahs are divided into themes so that readers know exactly where to start and where to stop when studying or memorizing passages.
- It empowers teachers, parents, and guardians to explain passages in a simple way that motivates children to learn, love, and live the message of the Quran.
- Designed with Muslim kids in mind, so they can easily relate to its teachings and be proud of who they are. It is also suitable for reverts and non-Muslims interested in learning about Islam.
- Translation approved by Al-Azhar, and endorsed by the Canadian Council of Imams and many scholars and educators.
Why Surahs 29 to 48?
Based on an authentic ḥadith recorded by Imam Aḥmad, the Prophet ﷺ said that the Quran is made up of four sections:
- Al-Mufaṣṣal الْمُفَصَّل(the short surahs), which include Al-Ḥujurat (49) to An-Nas (114) as well as Al-Fatiḥah (1).
- Al-Mathani الْمَثَانِي (the surahs less than 100 verses), which include Al-’Ankabut (29) to Al-Fatḥ (48).
- Al-Mi’un الْمِئُون (the surahs of about 100 verses), which include Yunus (10) to Al-Qaṣaṣ (28).
- Aṭ-Ṭiwal الطِّوَال (the long surahs), which—according to many scholars—include Al-Baqarah (2) to At-Tawbah (9).
This volume covers the 2nd section, Al-Muthani. Part 1 is available from related items while the other two sections will be covered in separate volumes, InShaaAllah.
Letter from the Translator
Many Muslim families in the West are keen on getting their children to memorize the Quran in Arabic, the original language of revelation. However, most Muslims don’t speak or understand Arabic, making it challenging for many young Muslims to connect with the Quran and understand its message.
Recently, I came across a copy of the Quran for children with the Arabic text on one page and the English meaning on the other. To my surprise, the English text was none other than Abdullah Yusuf Ali’s 1934 original translation, written in a dense, archaic style—which is difficult for even college graduates to understand, let alone a 7-year-old!
Al-ḥamdu-lillah, my original translation, The Clear Quran® Series (2015), has been well-received, and many Islamic schools in North America are using it for grade 5 and up. Now is the time to produce an easier translation for younger students.
I have worked diligently with a team of students (mostly grade 2-5) to identify difficult words and replace them with easier ones that carry the same meaning. As for the words we couldn’t replace, they are explained in the glossary, along with the Arabic terms used in this book. With the help of qualified Islamic and public school teachers and professional editors, we made sure that the translation is accurate and accessible.
About the Translator
Dr. Mustafa Khattab is a Canadian-Egyptian authority on interpreting the Quran. He was a member of the first team that translated the Ramadan night prayers (Tarawîḥ) live from the Sacred Mosque in Mecca and the Prophet’s Mosque in Medina (2002-2005). Dr. Khattab memorized the entire Quran at a young age and later obtained a professional ijâzah in the Ḥafṣ style of recitation with a chain of narrators going all the way to Prophet Muḥammad (S). He received his Ph.D., M.A., and B.A. in Islamic Studies in English with Honors from Al-Azhar University’s Faculty of Languages & Translation. He lectured on Islam at Clemson University (OLLI Program, 2009-2010), held the position of a lecturer at Al-Azhar University for over a decade starting in 2003, and served as the Muslim Chaplain at Brock University (2014-2016). He is a member of the Canadian Council of Imams and a Fulbright Interfaith Scholar. He has served as an Imam in the U.S.A. and Canada since 2007 and is the author of The Nation of Islam (2011) and Outfoxing Fox News (2017), and a contributor to the Encyclopedia of Muslim American History (2010). He has also written The Clear Quran® Series Dictionary, The Clear Quran® for Kids, and Shukran, the Grateful Young Man.
The Clear Quran For Kids Part 2 (Surahs 29-48)
- Product Code: The Clear Quran For Kids Part 2 (Surahs 29-48)
- Availability: In Stock